The George Street Neighbourhood Centre Association Inc. Child and Family Support Hub is a one-stop solution where people can access information about the services and resources that support children and their families such as childcare, playgroups and health services.
The Child and Family Support Hub program assists families with diverse backgrounds and structures. Our program focuses on connecting families with early intervention resources and strategies to prevent any issues or challenges from escalating. The principles of the Child and Family Support Hub program recognise the importance of having a clear integration between developmental children’s services, family support and early intervention services, which can:
- Build on the current infrastructure of existing children’s, family and community services to raise awareness in the community.
- Respond to the diverse needs of children and their families.
- Focus on improved outcomes for children and families.
- Encourage links between all children’s services and family support services in the community.
The objectives of the Child and Family Support Hub are to:
- Improve and enhance access to all existing community services for families and young children.
- Improve the understanding within the community of the diversity of cultures and associated needs.
- Increase awareness for families about the services and opportunities available.