Multicultural Women’s Club (aka CALD Women’s Club) is a free social club for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Women who live in Mackay (Queensland, Australia). The main focus of the club is to provide activities and workshops for all women to connect, support each other and learn new skills. The Club was created at the end of 2018 by The Neighbourhood Hub in partnership with Mackay Women’s Services to empower CALD women, support them to gain new skills and build confidence, and provide access to relevant services.
CLUB VISION: To create a sustainable socially oriented community, where all women can interact, integrate, and empower each other with warmth, consideration, empathy and with no judgement.
• Encourage women to strengthen their potential for growth through building confidence and inter-relationships.
• Empower all women with knowledge, tools and resources which help them integrate with the community.
• Connecting women who are looking for friends and activities to participate in.
• Sharing and learning each other’s culture and traditions without reservation and with respect.
• Support women who are struggling to find their identity in a new environment.
– What is said in the group, stays within the group.
– Respect that we are all individuals and our accents, perspectives, opinions and beliefs may differ.
– Please be sensitive, understanding and inclusive.
– We all contribute to a safe and respectful space.
Multicultural Women’s Club always welcomes new participants! We meet every Friday, 10 am – 12 pm at Mackay Women’s Centre, 418 Shakespeare street. And occasionally do outings and excursions. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 4957 2626