The Emergency Relief Program delivers emergency relief in the form of food or fuel vouchers and education in the following areas:
- Basic budgeting
- Information about ways to build skills to avoid or resolve financial difficulties
- Strengthening your capacity to manage your money
- Understanding concession options
- How to read your bills
- Community No-Interest Loans
- How to save for future expenses
- Cooking on a budget
- Referral to a financial counsellor and other support services.
Emergency Relief is by appointment only on Tuesday and Thursday mornings
(Please call Monday for a Tuesday appointment, and call Wednesday for a Thursday appointment)
Identification required is an income statement from Centrelink or your MyGov account.
Emergency Relief appointment consists of an Intake and provides assistance with one voucher per household every 3 months with a maximum of 3 visits per year.
For more information or to make an appointment please contact The Neighbourhood Hub on (07) 4957 2626