The Emergency Relief Program provides emergency relief in the form of food or fuel vouchers on a case by case basis.
Emergency Relief is available by appointment ONLY on Mondays and Tuesdays, 9am – 11am.
Emergency Relief Program provides education in the following areas:
- Basic budgeting
- Information about ways to build skills to avoid or resolve financial difficulties
- Strengthening your capacity to manage your money
- Understanding concession options
- How to read your bills
- Community No-Interest Loans
- How to save for future expenses
- Cooking on a budget
- Referral to a financial counsellor and other support services.
For more information please contact The Neighbourhood Hub on (07) 4957 2626
For information about other available supports and emergency relief in Mackay and surroundings please see this flyer: Mackay & Surrounding Emergency Relief & Support Brochure
While we do our best to keep this information updated, please make sure to contact the organisations directly to enquire about what assistance is available.
The Neighbourhood Hub
4 George St, South Mackay QLD 4740
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services
FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP!
If you would like more information about us, have a suggestion, would like to tell us about a need in your community or connect with a particular community group please give us a call on 4957 2626 or contact us here.