The Emergency Relief Program delivers emergency relief in the form of food or fuel vouchers and education in the following areas:
- Basic budgeting
- Information about ways to build skills to avoid or resolve financial difficulties
- Strengthening your capacity to manage your money
- Understanding concession options
- How to read your bills
- Community No-Interest Loans
- How to save for future expenses
- Cooking on a budget
- Referral to a financial counsellor and other support services.
Emergency Relief is by appointment only on Tuesday and Thursday mornings
(Please call Tuesday between 8.30am – 9.00am for a Tuesday appointment, and call Thursday between 8.30am – 9.00am for a Thursday appointment)
Identification required is an income statement from Centrelink or your MyGov account.
Emergency Relief appointment consists of an Intake and provides assistance with one voucher per household every 3 months with a maximum of 3 visits per year.
For more information or to make an appointment please contact The Neighbourhood Hub on (07) 4957 2626
For information about other available supports and emergency relief in Mackay and surroundings please see this flyer: Emergency Relief Flyer 2020
While we do our best to keep this information updated, please make sure to contact the organisations directly to enquire about what assistance is available.